1. Accountable for planning, tracking, and execution of projects in discovery portfolio from LO to IND
2. Work closely with project team leaders to define, plan, schedule project activities, and determine milestone criteria and timeline
3. Regularly update project progresses in the portfolio to senior leaders to align and to ensure successful delivery of pipeline objectives
4. Collaborate with project leaders to drive timely execution of project plans and coordinate resources and support across all functions
5. Track and control project progression to meet the timeline and achieve project milestones
6. Lead team members to identify project critical path and prioritize project activities accordingly
7. Help project leaders identify potential resource constraints, risks, and issues that might have timeline implications, and develop mitigation strategies
8. Schedule project team meetings and help project leaders to develop agenda and lead effective discussion and decision-making
9. Prepare meeting minutes and manage project documentation
1. Master’s degree or higher in chemistry or biology
2. >3 years of hands-on experience in pharmaceutical drug R&D
3. Good understanding of the multidisciplinary drug discovery processes
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to influence others
5. Highly organized, results-oriented, proactive, firm, and attention to detail
6. Ability to manage several streams of work and handle pressures
1. Further strengthen, optimize, and develop Cancer Biology and Translational Research organization into a premier science-driven innovation engine for new drugs that are differentiated clinically and bring significant values to patients
2. Develop young scientists, supervise their drug discovery efforts, and manage their performance
3. Play a key leadership role in the operation and management of Translational Research Institute and in developing and managing academic collaborations and partnerships to fuel novel drug discovery efforts and to sustain pipeline growth
4. Have the accountability for new target identification and validation and generation of robust data package to support portfolio entry of all new drug discovery projects and help set strategic direction
5. Accountable for developing discovery biology and pipeline strategy and for driving the alignment with overarching corporate strategy and business objectives
6. Serve as a member of senior leadership team in governance committees, contribute to overall R&D strategy and execution, and drive timely data-driven decision-making
7. Collaborate closely across functions to achieve pipeline and business objectives on time and on cost
8. Responsible for both internal and external drug discovery efforts and acceleration of pipeline progression by effective execution, and clinical development with defined biomarker and combination strategy
9. Identify, evaluate, and incorporate new technologies into drug discovery processes to improve productivity or to enable new discovery efforts
10. Seek and evaluate early clinical stage assets for in-licensing opportunities to complement or to fill pipeline gaps
1. PhD in biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a related biology field with productive postdoctoral experiences in cancer biology-related research
2. Deep and broad knowledge and expertise in cancer biology and translational research, including molecular biology and genetics, disease models, biomarkers, genomics, target identification and validation, etc. as related to cancer drug discovery and treatment
3. A strong publication record in scientific research and drug discovery and an active member of the scientific community
4. >10 years of experiences in cancer drug discovery efforts in multi-national and/or biotech companies
5. Demonstrated leadership in driving successful drug discovery efforts and portfolio management
6. Leadership experiences in organization building, people management, budget management, and strategy planning
7. Experiences in developing partnership and managing external collaborations
8. Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in developing business strategy, executing shared responsibilities and achieving business objectives
9. Strong business acumen and creativity in complex problem solving
10. Strong communication skills in English and preferably, also in Chinese
11. Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required and dictated by arising business needs
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as a data scientific expert using advanced web-based technology to drive the discovery of new medicines.
2. Develop web application to perform computational chemistry/biology calculations and result analysis
3. Develop web-based visualization tools to analyze the bioactivity/ADMET data, QSAR
4. Collect, process, analyze and model chemical/biological data via database technology and application.
5. Assist on the development of cheminformatics/bioinformatics tools and machine learning model with the CADD team
6. Work closely with CADD/Medicinal chemistry teams.
1. Bachelor or above degree in cheminformatics / bioinformatics / computer science / statistics or closely related discipline.
2. Strong coding skills in at least one scientific programming language (Python, R, C++, etc).
4. Familiar with database technology (MYSQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL).
5. Experience with cheminformatics tools (Rdkit/Openbabel /CDK /Biopython et al.) is a plus.
6. Experience with machine learning/deep learning (sklearn, pytorch, tensorflow) is a plus.
7. Experience with molecular modeling (MD, QM, docking, virtual screening et al.) and CADD tools (MOE, Schrodinger, Knime, JChem, Spotfire, Plexus Connect) is a plus.
Proactively provide guidance on the design and optimization of novel drug candidates using advanced computational techniques, including but not limited to:
• Apply structure-based and ligand-based drug design methods to drive project initiation and progression.
• Work closely with discovery scientists on molecular designs and prioritization of synthetic chemistry efforts.
• Identify and implement new computational chemistry and cheminformatics methods and apply them in drug discovery and development processes.
• Mentor junior scientists.
Required Experiences and Skills
• Extensive experience of using molecular modeling techniques for problem solving, including docking, homology modeling, ligand-based and structure-based design, quantum mechanics, QSAR / machine learning, molecular simulation.
• Experiences in complex problem solving through data mining and data analysis.
• Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of drug discovery including medicinal chemistry and ADMET/PKPD principles.
• Scientific programming (e.g. Python or Pipeline Pilot) is preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in either English or Chinese.
• Track record of publications and presentations.
PhD. in computational chemistry, or chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics with a computational focus. More than 8 years of industrial experience preferred.